Migraines Be Gone
What Is a Migraine?
A migraine is a chronic and agonizing headache that typically affects one side of the head and is often accompanied by sensitivity to light and sound as well as nausea. There are numerous migraines that can be managed with over the counter pain relievers, and prescriptions, like anti-depressants. Although everyone responds differently to different treatments, there are also natural treatments for migraine headaches.
Natural Treatments for Headache:
- Sleep: too little sleep can result in a severe migraine. Try to give yourself, at least, eight hours of sleep a night and try to sleep a consistent amount each night.
- Reduce Stress: stress can be caused by a variety of different things and is commonly related to the changes in your environment. You can reduce stress by maintaining positive and supportive relationships, distance yourself from your source of stress, and ask others to assist you, if need be.
- Avoid Certain Foods: Common foods to avoid include processed foods, anything containing aspartame, and alcoholic beverages.
- Exercise: Regular physical exercise will release endorphins, which are the body’s natural painkillers.
- Bioidentical Hormones: Many women experience migraines due to a drop in estrogen. A drop in estrogen is typically connected to a change in the reproductive system or an age-related change. Hormone replacement therapy can be extremely helpful.
If you are experiencing frequent migraines please contact New Day Vitality today.